Join Maria on an exploration of picturesque San Miguel de Allende. Considered one of the most beautiful cities in all of Mexico, this UNESCO World Heritage Site will charm you with its cobblestone streets and Spanish Colonial architecture, with secret garden courtyards and sumptuous interiors behind every candy-coloured door. Named after the monk who founded it in 1542, San Miguel de Allende today is famed for being an artist colony and hub for ambitious gastronomes. Music is the heartbeat of San Miguel, with performers ranging from mariachis to inventive street performers waiting to regale you at every corner. You will have the opportunity to sample it all on this tour, as you explore its streets, hidden gardens, famed Cathedrals and Handicraft Market bursting with gorgeous metalwork, papier mache and blown glass. You will sample local cuisine and learn to create some of your own delicacies using indigenous products. Art is everywhere in San Miguel, and you will experience its’ many forms from street murals to fine works. No matter where your interests lie, San Miguel de Allende will enchant you - it’s no wonder that it was named the “Best City in the World” for two years by Travel & Leisure!
March 21 to 28, 2020
Price per person land only $2,999 based on two sharing and minimum of 10 passengers. Limited to a maximum of 12. Hold your space with a $600 non-refundable deposit. Not included: Airfare, personal expenses, meals not specified and tipping. Single supplement $1,199.00. Private transfers are available at additional cost for those not arriving at the same time as the group.
Your Package Includes:
- 7 nights’ accommodation at Casa de la Noche, a famous former brothel turned chic guesthouse
- Arrival Margarita and Appies party
- Daily Mexican breakfast, welcome and farewell dinner
- City walking tour & Artisan Market visit
- Taco and Tequila tour
- Culinary Market tour & Indigenous Cooking Class
- Visit Fabrica La Aurora, a former textile mill featuring the artwork of many artists and mediums
- Excursion to Dolores Hidalgo, a large ceramics towns and home to Mexico’s “Sistine Chapel”
- Street Mural Walking tour of Colonia Guadalupe
- Group arrival and departure transfers
To book contact:
Departures Travel 1889 Oak Bay Ave. Victoria BC V8R 1C6
105 – 2506 Beacon Ave. Sidney BC V8L 1Y2
Toll Free: 1.800.475.3755
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.