Check out these favourite dessert spots in Scottsdale.
By Anita Draycott
Got a taste for something sweet? Check out these favourite dessert spots:
- Sugar Bowl: No trip to downtown Scottsdale is complete without the old-timey fun at the Sugar Bowl Ice Cream Parlor & Restaurant. A 50-year-old+ parlor with classic diner eats and some of the best ice cream sundaes in town, the Sugar Bowl’s all-pink décor is a trip down memory lane. Original drawings from Family Circus creator Bil Keane hang on the walls. Keane regularly featured the Sugar Bowl in his comic strips.
- Super Chunk Sweets & Treats: Duck fat toffee, homemade licorice and chocolate bacon caramel corn? As if all that doesn’t sound delightful enough, the masterminds behind Super Chunk Sweets & Treats have even more unique and tasty indulgences for you to try. They describe their offerings as “small-batch, handcrafted confections with a slant towards traditional American flavors using unique ingredients and creative techniques.” Simply stated, it’s a must-try!
- Sprinkles Cupcakes: Fuel up on delicious designer cupcakes at Sprinkles Cupcakes, conveniently located across the street from Scottsdale Fashion Square. Staple flavors like cinnamon sugar and red velvet are punctuated by special (seasonal) appearances from Irish chocolate, pumpkin and lemon. It doesn’t hurt that Sprinkles has some of the cutest souvenirs, too – for people and pups!
- Café & Ice Cream Parlor at The Phoenician: As if The Phoenician’s J&G Steakhouse, Il Terrazzo and Relish Burger Bistro weren’t enough of a foodie draw, the Café & Ice Cream Parlor has upped the ante. Nosh on freshly baked pastries, homemade ice cream, and frozen yogurt. The best part: you can dine in or take your sweet treats on the road.
- Tracy Dempsey’s Desserts: Tracy Dempsey is a dessert mad woman – in the best possible way.. Dempsey is known for combining unlikely ingredients – like bacon and chocolate chip cookies – and making them taste delicious. Other favorites include sticky date cake and chocolate pecan